Sunday, July 21, 2013

Calista Spoohunter
July 19, 2013

Well I didn’t get to quite finish my blog from yesterday and I’m really tired and lazy to do that right now so I’m going to just talk about what we did today. Today we were again in the Deschutes Forest, but this time we did a lot more hands on work. We made like little drain paths a long the pathway for when it rains. I personally enjoyed axing a big root or whatever it was, I think because I am still very mad that my wallet is lost.. I’m hoping it’s just misplaced! Well today we also went and removed fire rings from the grounds and that was some work, especially when we had to carry the heavy bags filled with dirt and rocks! But it was it great work out, but when we eat I’m more or likely going to gain it all back. I felt good knowing I was helping in a way to help the forest and the forest rangers, and helping remove those fire rings also was nice because that will help prevent the fires. We stopped at the Blue Lagoon for lunch and a swim which was very scenic because the water looked very beautiful, it was bluish green and it was cold yet very refreshing. The walk there and back was where I felt the most work out, the trail way is ½ a mile so there and a back was a mile and heading back was I felt it most because I walked straight with no stops! But it felt great, then for dinner the heritage team made tacos so I believe I gained the weight I lost back! I’m disappointed in myself for that but I aint even trippin so it’s all good. Today was honestly a work day, shoveling, axing, sawing, lifting and walking.. oh and swimming! Today made me feel very good, although I wasn’t feeling too well towards the end of my night, I just wanted to sleep and be left alone after awhile. I really enjoyed today and hope tomorrow is a relax sort of day because I need to rest, I haven’t had a good sleep since maybe the last day of school to June 18th and I probably won’t get to, tomorrow we’re are supposed to go check some painted hills and the Nez Perce powwow which seems like a very chill day. I think today made me feel at home, doing work outdoors made me feel like I was doing yard work at home and it’s a great feeling to feel as if I’m home. When we did the fire rings I started to get really tired and just wanted to crash hard on my nice bed at home! I don’t have very much to blog today but I shall finish my blog to July 18th right after I finish up this blog so be on the look out for “July  18th Part Two” well that all I have.




No comments:

Post a Comment