Sunday, July 21, 2013



Calista Spoonhunter
July 18th Part Two

Well I don’t really remember where I left off on part one, I’m typing this with no internet, so I’m going to do the best I can to do this in the correct order, or at least where I left off so I don’t throw you guys off. Well I believe I left off with talking about being under the highway and talking about the cave a little bit?.. Well I think I shall just start with talking about what we did after we were done looking at the caves and where we went. After we had left the caves we went to another volcanic sight and met Erin Woodard, who is an archeologist for the program. Erin was someone I found interesting personally, she went to the university I want to go to, she has been going to school for many years to be an archeologist and has done a lot of work to do something she loves, so she wasn’t necessarily even doing work, she was doing something she loved and found interesting which is why I find her interesting personally because I think everyone should have the jib that makes them happy. Erin showed us a replica of an arrowhead that is made of obsidian and she told us how she had to ensure that real artifacts like what sh found stay left alone and untouched for future generations to enjoy or discover so they can see what that past generations had lived with and what the volcano can make when erupted. Then we had gone uphill to get talked to by Doug Johnson who works within the fire management department and firefights as well. Doug talked about what causes the fires and how many fires happen each year. There are 140 fires per year and 50% of those fires are man caused, that was all I got from Doug. Then we went upstairs and met Stewart who is a fire monitor... ahhh to be continued once again! too tired for this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment